Originally bred for bull baiting in England, the Bulldog had to be fearless and ferocious.
The kind Bulldog will have wide shoulders, thick legs and a smooth coat.
Some of the most recognized features are:
- Wrinkles: Also known as ropes where their skin drops on their faces.
- Stocky Muscularity: With slightly longer back leg’s these dogs have amazing strength
The Bulldog Facts
A few things to be aware of
- These pups need weight management so a proper diet and daily exercise is a must
- A study showed 70% of all bully’s had hip dysplasia
- Average weight of 45lbs
- Great house dog and great with families (I know because a bulldog is part of my family)
- Average life span of 9-11
Bulldogs make great house pets besides the calm demeanor they are friendly and are lap dogs though way to heavy for it. My bully lays right next to my feet and will lay and just hangout but make no mistake if you provoke a bulldog he can be very dangerous. He moves around in short spurts which most do and its actually good for them to stay moving around. You must walk these pups every day as they can easily develop breathing issues and hip problems. Owning a bully means daily cleaning in between wrinkles and being prepared for the drool.