I Hate Flea’s
Prevention is key to the invasion of fleas and if your dog has fleas and you have not take the proper precautions to combat fleas here are a few ways to prevent and ways of getting rid of dog fleas…
- Using a vacuum with disposable bags vacuum thoroughly your entire home throw out the vacuum bag and vacuum again and again.
- Washing your dog weekly with mild solutions and cedar is a good form of prevention to fleas.
- Clean all dog beds, blankets and where ever your dog lies with detergent and warm to hot water (I’ve used borax before and worked great)
- Cedar and lavender oil is great as a repellent to fleas so use where needed
- Use Penny-royal leaves in carpets as an all natural solution to getting rid of fleas. (Can be toxic to kids so if you have any I would stay away from this step. )
- Planting and having certain types of plants indoor and out will help reduce fleas and other insects that annoy your dogs. Hers a few that could help: Lavender, Mint, Marigolds, Rosemary, etc…
” A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. “
Products that you can purchase and use: (I don’t endorse any of the below and or recommend just giving you a few options and letting you know whats out there)
• Advantage :We all seen the commercials and is suppost to be very effective in killing fleas. I’ve used it before and my dogs were free from fleas in a week.
• Frontline. Seen the commercials as well, the product is close to Advantage, but is not water soluble, so alcohol is needed to wash it off. This can safely be used in puppies and dogs. Claims to repel up to 4 months
• Knockout. Similar to Frontline suppose to work as well but also contains NYLAR: (inhibits the new growth of fleas). (I have never used this item either but has good reviews on amazon.
• Biospot A topical application claims to reduce fleas/eggs up to 75%. Suppose to be active for 30 days never tried it but read it can change hair color temporarily.
• Pet Armor its what I liked best it repels and kills fleas like no ones business and they claim to be the faster at removing fleas than the rest. I just seen the best results with it so I stuck with it.
There are many more products out there and a simple search can turn up many all I recommend is you do some research and use whats best for your life style for prevention and getting rid of dog fleas
Fleas are most active in the summer time and all these things can help but a few last recommendations are flea collars, keeping the home and garden clean and always take your dog and puppies for check ups and keep your vets number handy.